Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A Teachable Moment Of Clarity


Having long striven, having been driven
To amount to something- now I stand at
The crossroads of a teachable moment

This is a time in which fate would foment
Change to rearrange my reality
And now fate is doing precisely that

It is in the darkness I learn to see
At dusk I learn to hope for coming dawn
In winter I appreciate the spring
And see the light brightest when it is gone

Now fate offers me a challenge to grow
To seek and find the all in everything
And learn the more I know the less I know

To taste of the joy of simply being
And experience the peace of seeing
Not through rose-colored glasses nor through black
Embracing what I have not what I lack

A teachable moment of clarity
It is not too late for this gift of fate:
I rise now to my higher destiny

~© Steven Curtis Lance~

No comments: