Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Real World


I wonder what it's like to be the rainmaker.
I wonder what it's like to know that I made the rain.
I'd store it in boxes with little yellow tags on every one
And you can come and see them when I'm...done...
When I'm done.

I wonder what it's like to be a super hero.
I wonder where I'd go if I could fly around downtown.
From some other planet, I get this funky high on yellow sun.
Boy I bet my friends will be...stunned...
They're stunned.

Straight up, what did you hope to learn about here?
If I were someone else would this all fall apart?
Strange, where were you when we started this gig?
I wish the real world would just stop hassling me.

I wonder what it's like to be the head honcho.
I wonder what I'd do if they all did just what I said.
I'd shout out an order,
"I think we're out of this man. Get me some.
Boy, don't make me wanna change my...tone...
My tone."

Please don't change.
Please don't break.
The only thing that seems to work at all is you.
Please don't change at all...
From me...
To you...
And you...
To me...

~© Matchbox Twenty~

No comments: