Sunday, January 22, 2006

Summons



Keep me from going to sleep too soon
Or if I go to sleep too soon
Come wake me up. Come any hour
Of night. Come whistling up the road.
Stomp on the porch. Bang on the door.
Make me get out of bed and come
And let you in and light a light.
Tell me the northern lights are on
And make me look. Or tell me clouds
Are doing something to the moon
They never did before, and show me.
See that I see. Talk to me till
I'm half as wide awake as you
And start to dress wondering why
I ever went to bed at all.
Tell me the walking is superb.
Not only tell me but persuade me.
You know I'm not too hard persuaded.

~© Robert Francis~

3 comments:

SmileyTD said...

It is my pleasure, SB. :) I'm very glad that you are able to see these kinds of things....to pay attention to the things most people tend to overlook. It's very good for the soul when you find that you can do that....anywhere, at any time, under any circumstances. The beauty is always there. Sometimes we just have to look at things from a different perspective in order to see it.

Thank you very much for the compliment on my pics. That means a lot to me. :)

SmileyTD said...

You are welcome for the pic, ILP. I couldn't resist after you telling about your little girl drawing on you and herself while you weren't feeling well. Glad you are all better now. :)

Hugs,
MissPriss ;)

SmileyTD said...

Hey there, BB. I'm glad you like the poems, too. Many of them are good to keep handy for those times when darkness tries to cover our hearts and heads.