Thursday, March 23, 2006

My Declaration Of Self-Esteem


I AM ME
In all the world, there is no one else exactly like me
Everything that comes out of me is authentically me
Because I alone chose it - I own everything about me
My body, my feelings, my mouth, my voice, all my actions,
Whether they be to others or to myself - I own my fanatasies,
My dreams, my hopes, my fears - I own all my triumphs and
Successes, all my failures and mistakes Because I own all of
Me, I can become intimately acquainted with me - by so doing
I can love me and be friendly with me in all my parts -I know
There are aspects about myself that puzzle me, and other
Aspects that I do not know - but as long as I am
Friendly and loving to myself, I can courageously
And hopefully look for solutions to the puzzles
And for ways to find out more about me - However I
Look and sound, whatever I say and do, and whatever
I think and feel at a given moment in time is authentically
Me - If later some parts of how I looked, sounded, thought
And felt turn out to be unfitting, I can discard that which is
Unfitting, keep the rest, and invent something new for that
Which I discarded - I can see, hear, feel, think, say, and do
I have the tools to survive, to be close to others, to be
Productive to make sense and order out of the world of
People and things outside of me - I own me, and
therefore I can engineer me - I am me and
I AM OKAY

~© Virginia Satir~

3 comments:

SmileyTD said...

Good morning to you too, SB!!

LMFAO!!!! I know EXACTLY what that banging noise is...and SO DO YOU! I have a feeling that it's going to get louder and will pick up speed a little before it stops, too. LMAO (6)

By the way, have I ever mentioned that you make me laugh? :P Thank you very much.

Oooh...I see my new favorite word up there! :P "My Declaration of Sultry Steam". (Just hadda' say it myself so that I could get the full effect.) I love it!! ;) hahaha (Thank you!)

You have a great day yourself!! Watch out for(6)s along the way....That banging noise will only get worse. :P Muahahahahaa!!

ROSE said...

Daggone it, now you've surpassed bragging & you're just showing off. I could hear y'all all the way over at my site! LOL

Just thought I'd drop in & say howdy, but ... hello? Ahem. HELLO? Um ... I knocked but nobody answered. Uh, never mind. I'll just come back later. No, that's OK, don't get up. I'll just let myself out. Oh, man, I said don't get up!! Jeez.

Uh, Smiley? Your camera's smoking ...

LMAO

SmileyTD said...

Oh...umm...HI, ROSE!!! When'd you get here? LOL Sorry I didn't hear ya' come in. That banging sound was just too loud, I suppose...aaaaand I might have been a little sidetracked. hahaha How are you doin' today??

And damn...can't believe I *cough* forgot *cough, cough* to turn my cam off. ;) LMFAO Thanks for tellin' me.